Lesson 1 Basic Terminology
- Major group of multicellular eukaryotic organisms of the kingdom Animalia.
- Agricultural animals, animals kept for profit.
- Domesticated animals intentionally reared in an agricultural setting to produce things such as food or fiber, or for its labour.
- Family Bovidae
- European Cattle ,non Humped belonged to Bos taurus
- Subcontinent (Indo pak cattle) ,humped belonged to Bos Indicus
- Specie is often defined as a group of organisms capable of interbreeding and producing fertile offspring.
- A group of related animals which are genotypically and phenotypically sufficiently similar to produce physically similar offspring when they are mated with each other.
- Produce offspring that are very similar to the parent(s); refers to homozygotes.
- The average production performance for all animals in the breed, arranged in groups according to age and sex.
- Cattle that are reared for their milk.
- Cattle that are reared for draught (labour etc.)