Objective of course
The focus of the course is on study of the fundamental properties of integers and develops ability to prove basic theorems. The specific objectives include study of division algorithm, prime numbers and their distributions, Diophantine equations and the theory of congruences.
1.Rosen K.H.,2000. Elementary Number theory and its Applications. 4th ed. USA:Addison-Wesley.
2. Apostal T.M., 2010. Introduction to Analytic Number Theory. 3rd ed. NY: Springer.
3. Griffin H., 1954. Elementary Theory of Numbers. 1st ed. NY Mc Graw Hill.
4. William J. Leveque, Topics in Number Theory, Volumes I and II.
5. D.M. Burton, Elementary Number Theory, McGraw-Hill, 2007.
6. S.B. Malik , Basic Number Theory, Vikas Publishing house, 1995