This course is aimed at:
1 To provide Basic information about Islamic Studies
2 To enhance understanding of the students regarding Islamic Civilization
3 To improve Students skill to perform prayers and other worships
4 To enhance the skill of the students for understanding of issues related to faith and religious life.
Detail of Courses:
Introduction to Quranic Studies:
1) Basic Concepts of Quran
2) History of Quran
3) Uloom-ul-Quran Study of Selected Text of Holly Quran
1) Verses of Surah Al-Baqara Related to Faith(Verse No-284- 286)
2) Verses of Surah Al-Hujrat Related to Adab Al-Nabi (Verse No-1-18)
3) Verses of Surah Al-Mumanoon Related to Characteristics of faithful (Verse No-1-11)
4) Verses of Surah al-Furqan Related to Social Ethics (Verse No.63-77)
5) Verses of Surah Al-Inam Related to Ihkam (Verse No-152- 154)
Study of Selected Text of Holly Quran
1) Verses of Surah Al-Ihzab Related to Adab al-Nabi (Verse No.6, 21, 40, 56, 57, 58.)
2) Verses of Surah Al-Hashar (18,19,20) Related to thinking, Day of Judgment
3) Verses of Surah Al-Saf Related to Tafakar, Tadabar (Verse No-1,14)
Seerat of Holy Prophet (S.A.W) I
1) Life of Muhammad Bin Abdullah ( Before Prophet Hood)
2) Life of Holy Prophet (S.A.W) in Makkah
3) Important Lessons Derived from the life of Holy Prophet in Makkah Seerat of Holy Prophet (S.A.W) II
1) Life of Holy Prophet (S.A.W) in Madina
2) Important Events of Life Holy Prophet in Madina
3) Important Lessons Derived from the life of Holy Prophet in Madina
Introduction to Sunnah
1) Basic Concepts of Hadith
2) History of Hadith
3) Kinds of Hadith
4) Uloom –ul-Hadith
5) Sunnah & Hadith
6) Legal Position of Sunnah Selected Study from Text of Hadith Introduction to Islamic Law & Jurisprudence
1) Basic Concepts of Islamic Law & Jurisprudence
2) History & Importance of Islamic Law & Jurisprudence
3) Sources of Islamic Law & Jurisprudence
4) Nature of Differences in Islamic Law
5) Islam and Sectarianism
Islamic Culture & Civilization
1) Basic Concepts of Islamic Culture & Civilization
2) Historical Development of Islamic Culture & Civilization
3) Characteristics of Islamic Culture & Civilization
4) Islamic Culture & Civilization and Contemporary Issues
|At the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the importance of Aqeeda in daily life.
- Explore how to treat others with good manners
- Appraise the greatest Seerah of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) and its value and dignity.
- Discuss the great achievements of the Muslims in different fields of science.
- Assess our present status as compare to our fore fathers and identify the sources of our disintegration in the today’s world.
- Prepare to get success in both life and life hereafter.
- Differentiate between virtue and sin
- Explore the ways to gratify Allah.
1) Hameed ullah Muhammad, ―Emergence of Islam‖ , IRI, Islamabad
2) Hameed ullah Muhammad, ―Muslim Conduct of State‖
3) Hameed ullah Muhammad, ‗Introduction to Islam
4) Mulana Muhammad Yousaf Islahi,‖
5) Hussain Hamid Hassan, ―An Introduction to the Study of Islamic Law‖ leaf Publication Islamabad, Pakistan.
6) Ahmad Hasan, ―Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence‖ Islamic Research Institute, International Islamic University, Islamabad (1993)
7) Mir Waliullah, ―Muslim Jurisprudence and the Quranic Law of Crimes‖ Islamic Book Service (1982)
8) H. S. Bhatia, ―Studies in Islamic Law, Religion and Society‖ Deep & Deep Publications New Delhi (1989)
9) Dr. Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq, ―Introduction to Al Sharia Al Islamia‖ Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad (2001)