This is an introductory course on psychology. The aim of this course is to impart basic understanding of psychology so that the students are able understand the manifestations of psycholoical concepts in language and literture.The course will enable the learner to develop a dynamic understanding of linguistic and literary concepts. Students of other departments study psychology as a "minor course" so that they become familiar with the essential features of human personality. It helps the students to inculcate a sense of personal relevance of psychology as a subject with the potential of gaining better insight into one's own self and others. It ensures the effective orientation of students toward the discipline of psychology so that they appreciate the diversity of the subject and understand its significance.
- Introduction to Psychology
- Learning and Behavior
- Motivation and Emotion
- Personality development
- Social Psychology
On successful completion of Introductory Psychology, students will have:
- Introductory knowledge of selected areas of basic psychological inquiry
- An ability to discuss different psychological topics
- Basic review skills in critically evaluating knowledge claims regarding psychological theory.
- Basic understanding of research methods in the discipline of Psychology
- An introductory knowledge about conventions for presenting written reports and essays that cover topics introduced within the syllabus.
- Weiten, W. (2017). Psychology: Themes and variations (10th ed.). Cengage Learning.
- Kalat, J. W. (2013). Introduction to psychology (10th ed.). Cengage Learning.
- Nolen-Hoeksema, S., Hilgard, E. R. (2014) Atkinson & Hilgard's Introduction to Psychology(16th ed.).Cengage Learning.ISBN: 8601200752540.
Mid Term: 30
Sessional: 20 ( Assignments & Presentation: 10 Marks, Class Participation & Attendance: 05 Marks, Class Test: 05 Marks)
Final Term: 50
- Mid Term & Final Term Exam will include objective and subjective question in 40% and 60 % ratio respectively.
CLASS TIMINGS: BS 2nd Reg (Monday: 08:00 - 09:30 AM) (Tuesday: 08:00 - 09:30 AM)