The objective of this course is to introduce students with the essential concepts of the physical properties of soils as a civil engineering material and the fundamental principles of soil mechanics. Upon completion of the course, students should: Have an understanding of soils as engineering materials.
- Gain the ability to identify the natural processes occurring on surface of earth.
- Gain a basic understanding of fundamentals of soil behavior and soil classification systems.
- Gain the ability to solve a range of soil related problems, especially those involving water flow and soil settlement.
- Gain the ability to use modern soil mechanics equipment and soil investigation procedures.
- Capper, P.L. and Cassie W.E. and Geddes, J.D., Problems in Engineering Soils , latest Ed., John Wiley and Sons.
- Beavis, F.C., 1985,Engineering Geology ,Black well Scientific Publications
RESEARCH PROJECT /PRACTICALS /LABS /ASSIGNMENTS
Each student shall present/summarize/discuss atleast 4 recent most research papers addressing contemporary problems in Soil Mechanics
Each student shall submit a term paper before last week of semester
Course Start Date: January 13, 2020
Course End Date: May 08, 2020
Monday 09:00 -10:00 AM
Tuesday 09:00 -10:00 AM
Wednesday 09:00 -10:00 AM
Sesional : 20 [Assingments (05) Presentations (05) Quiz (05) Atttendance (05)]
Mid Term (Term paper): 30
Final exam: 50