The purpose of the course is to:
1: Develop vision of historical perspective, government, politics, contemporary Pakistan, ideological background of Pakistan.
2: Study the process of governance, national development, issues arising in the modern age and posing challenges to Pakistan.
1. Javed, Ahmad Sheikh Pakistan’s Political, Economic and Diplomatic Dynamics, Lahore: Kitabistan Paper Product.
2. Ahmad, Jamil Uddin, Early Phase of Muslim Political Movement, United Publishers Ltd.
3. Chaudhary, G. W. Constitutional Development in Pakistan,Longman, U.K.
4. Kazmi, Raza, Pakistan Studies, Karachi Oxford University Press.
5. Mahmood Dr. Safder, The Constitution of Pakistan 1973: Comments and Comparison, A H Publishers Lahore.
6. Qureshi, I. H., A Short History of Pakistan, University of Karachi Press.
7. Qureshi, I. H., Struggle for Pakistan, University of Karachi Press.
8. Sayeed, K. B., Pakistan Formative Phase, National Book Service
9. Ziring, Lawrance, Pakistan in Twentieth Century: A Political History, London; Oxford University Press
10. Niazi, Alam Sher Khan. Pakistan Studies (Mutala e Pakistan) (2019). Jilani Notes and, Pearl Publishers, Sargodha. (Both English and Urdu versions are available),
Evaluation of the students will be as under
Mid Term Exam 30 Marks
Final Term Exam 50 Marks
Sessional Mark 20 Marks
(Note 20 Marks will be distributed as under)
Attendance 05 Marks
Discipline 05 Marks
Assignments 05 Marks
Class Participation 05 Marks