Course Code: CT-224
Credit hour (Th): 02
- To know about the failure of building structures and their measures.
- To understand the rules and regulations of maintenance.
Destructive and Non-destructive test, Mechanical properties, Method of testing of Fatigue test, impact and hardness test, tensile test and mild steel specimen.
Repair and Maintenance of Civil Works:
1. Introduction to different types of failures in building structures and their causes.
2. Assessment of damage by different methods including nondestructive methods.
3. Introduction to Rules and Regulations of Maintenance.
4. Repair and Maintenance Measures.
1. Building Construction by S.K.Sharma
2. Different Practicing Codes used in different department of Civil Works like (P & D, PWD etc).
1. Mid Exam 30 Marks
2. Sessional (Quiz, Assignment, Attendance) 20 Marks
3. Final Exam 50 Marks