It is a special applied course, which covers different aspects of economic theory and its application. The course is offered in the last semester. In this course, estimation of econometric models and applied economic research is taught. For this purpose, students are required to apply the knowledge and theory to produce a research paper. Completion of this course provides confidence among the students to embark upon research on important national and international economic issues.
Course pre requisites (if any):
On the successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Relate the basic economic theory and principles to current microeconomic issues and evaluate related public policy
2. Use economic models to analyse a situation in terms of economics with real data
3. Able to apply different time series and cross sectional econometric techniques using E-Views and SPSS Softwares.
- Robertson, D.F., Computer Applications and Programming, latest ed..Har Brace Jovanovich Inc. USA SPSS-Manual
- E-View Manual, (Learning help available with package (software)
Description of system of Evaluation (Exam, assignments etc.):
Mid Term: 30 marks
Sessional: 20 marks
- Project: 40%
- Presentation: 30%
- Participation: 30%
Final Exam: 50 marks