Description and Objective:
To develope an understanding of the knowledge/skill of Mathematics and to apply these in engineering problems.
Applied Mathematics I
- Comprehend the fundamental concepts of differential equations.
- Solve first and second order differential equations and partial differential equations using the concepts developed in the course.
- Apply the concepts of ordinary derivatives and partial derivatives for modeling of physical systems.
Differential equation; Basic concepts and ideas, geometrical interpretation of first and second order differential equations, separable equations, equations reducible to separable form, exact differential equations, integrated factors, Linear first order differential equations, Bernoullill's differential equation. Families of cuives, orthogonal trajectories and applications of differential equations of first order to relevant engineering systems. Homogeneous linear differential equations of second order, homogeneous equations with constant coefficients, the general solutions, initial and boundary vahe problems, D- Operator, complementary functions and particular integrals. Real, complex and repeated roots of characteristics equations. Cauchy equation, non- homogeneous linear equations. Applications of higher order linear differential equations. Ordinary and regular points and corresponding series solutions. Concept of sequence and series.
1. C.R. Wiley, "Advanced Engineering Mathematics 6th Edition". McGraw-Hill Education
2. E. Kreyszig, "Advanced Engineering Mathematics 10th Edition", John Wiley & Sons
Sessional: 20 (Presentation / Assignment 10, Attendance 05, Quiz 05)
Mid-Term Exam: 30
Final-Term Exam: 50
Key Dates and Time of Class Meeting:
Friday 08:00 AM-11:00 AM (Section A)
Friday 02:00 PM-05:00 PM (Section B)
Commencement of Classes March 02, 2020
Mid Term Examination April 27 to May 04, 2020
Final Term Examination June 22-26, 2020
Declaration of Result July 03, 2020