Introduction: Introduce students with Web Systems and Technologies. The objective of this course is to discuss how the Web systems are programmed and maintained and how online pages are created and delivered by Web servers and used by clients.
Course Code: CS-3548
Credit Hours: 03
1. Understand the enabling technologies for building Internet and Web database applications.
2. Understand the different components for developing client/server applications.
3. Apply the techniques and features of the client/server development languages to construct a database application based on Internet.
4. Develop the web database applications through programming exercises.
- Overview of WWW, Web Pages, Web Sites, Web Applications, TCP/IP, TCP/IP Application
- Services, Web Servers, WAMP, LAMP,WAMP Configuration.
- Introduction to HTTP, HTML & HTML5 Tags, and Dynamic Web Content.
- CSS and CSS3
- Form Handling
- Server Side Programing: Programing in PHP,
- PHP functions and objects, PHP arrays
- Introduction MySQL, MySQL Functions, Normalization, Relationships
- Accessing MySQL via PHP
- Cookies, Sessions, and Authentication
- Introduction to Ajax
- Introduction to JQuery
- Browsers and the DOM
- Web Technologies: A Computer Science Perspective by Jeffrey C. Jackson, Prentice Hall; 1st Edition (August 27, 2006). ISBN-10: 0131856030
- Web Technologies by Uttam Kumar Roy, Oxford University Press, USA (June 13, 2011). ISBN-10: 0198066228
- Web Application Architecture: Principles, protocols and practices by Leon Shklar and Richard Rosen, Wiley; 2nd Edition (May 5, 2009). ISBN-10: 047051860X
Assignment 1 04 marks
Assignment 2 04 marks
Quiz 1 04 marks
Quiz 2 04 marks
Attendance 04 marks
Mid Term: 30
Final exam: 50
Class Timing :
BSSE 5th Regular
Wednesday 11:00am - 12:30pm
Thursday 12:30am - 2:00 pm
BSIT 5th Regular
Monday 9:30 AM - 11 00 AM
Friday 10:40 AM - 12:00 PM
BSIT 5th Self
Tuesday 11: 00 am - 12:30 pm
Friday 9: 20 am - 10:40 pm
Saturday : 11:00 AM -2:00pm
Sunday : 11:00 AM -2:00pm