This course provides learners an overview of the background of present-day psychology.To develop a basic understanding of the various processes of scientific development and transformation there are certain objectives of this course: to become familiar with the chronological history of ideas which contribute to the field of psychology, To learn about the major figures and schools of thought in psychology's history.
- Hergenhahn. B.R., Henley, T. (2013). An Introduction to the History of Psychology (7thed.).
- Wayne Weiten. (2012). Psychology: Themes and variations. (9th ed.). New York: Wadsworth
- Schultz, D. P., & Schultz, S. E. (2015). A History of Modern Psychology (10th Ed.). CengageLearning publisher.
- Ajmal, M. (1986). Muslim contribution to psychotherapy and other essays. Islamabad: National Institute of Psychology, Quaid-i-Azam University.
- Shultz, D. (2011). A history of psychology (10th Ed.). Florida: Academic Press.
System of Evaluation:
Sessional 20 (Assignment submission= 10, Class Participation = 5, Attandance= 5).
Mid Exam 30
Final exam 25
CLASS TIMINGS: Bs 2nd Reg (Wednesday: 8:00-9:30 AM), (Friday : 9:30-11:00 AM).