Course Code: MATH-104
Credit Hours: 3+0
Mathematical Expectation:Moments, moment generating functions, cummulants, cumulative functions,Continuous Probability Distributions: Continuous Probability distributions, beta, gamma, binomial, exponential, Poisson, hypergeometric and normal distributions.
Sampling theory: Sampling distributions; sampling procedures, estimation of parameters, estimation of mean, variance, confidence intervals. Decision theory: Hypothesis testing and decision making, types of errors in tests, quality control, control charts for mean, standard deviation, variance, range; goodness of fit, chi-square test.
1. DeGroot M.H.,Schervish M.J..Probability and Statistics. 3rd ed. USA:
Addison- Wesley, 2002.
2. Johnson R..Probability and Statistics for Engineers, 1st ed.USA: Prentice-
3. Papoulis A., 1991.Probability, Random Variables, and Stochastic Processes. 3rd ed.
NY: McGraw Hill.
4. Sincich T. Statistics by Examples. 1sted. Dellen Publication Company, 1990.
5. Chaudhry, S.M. and Kamal, S. “Introduction to Statistical Theory” Part I, II,
8thed, Ilmi Kitab Khana, Lahore, Pakistan, 2008.
Mid exam: 30
Final exam: 50
RULES AND REGULATIONS
75% attendance is compulsory to appear in Final Term exam.