This course offers to learn fundamental assessment skills in administration, scoring, and interpretation of tests, report writing and recommendations. Major objectives of this course are: To have an overview of intelligence, personality, achievement and vocational tests, to acquire knowledge of basic concepts of psychological assessment; standardization, reliability and validity.
- Psychological tests: Definition, nature, uses, types; Psychological test vs. psychological assessment; Ethics of psychological testing, Standards of testing
- History of psychological testing: Antecedents; Rise of modern psychological testing,
- Test construction: Introduction; Steps of test construction. Characteristics of a good psychological test
- Item writing: Types of items; guidelines for writing items; Item analysis: Item difficulty, Item discrimination, Item response theory, Item characteristic curves.
- Reliability of test scores: Types of reliability, factors influencing reliability of test scores; how to improve reliability of test scores; Standard error of measurement
- Validity: Types of validity: Face, Content, Criterion, and Construct validity. Factors influencing validity. Error of estimate. Relation of validity & reliability.
- Test norms: Steps in developing norms, Relativity of norms, Cut-off scores, Norm-referenced and criterion- referenced testing
- Response sets; Types of response sets; Methods to eliminate response sets
- Cohen, R. J., &Swerdlik, M. E.(2018). Psychological Testing and Assessment: AnIntroduction to Tests and Measurement (9th Ed.). McGraw-Hill Education.
- Anastasi, A. &Urbina, S. (2009). Psychological Testing (7th Ed.). Pearson CollegeDivision.
- Lewis, R. Aiken., & Gary, G. M. (2008). Psychological Testing And Assessment (12thEd.). Prentice Hall.
- Gregory, R. J. (2013). Psychological testing, history principles & applications. (7thed.). Pearson education: South Asia.
- Pittrnger, D. J. (2003). Behavioral research design analysis. New York: McGraw-Hill
Mid Term: 30
Sessional: 20 ( Assignments & Presentation: 10 Marks, Class Participation & Attendance: 05 Marks, Class Test: 05 Marks)
Final Term: 50
Mid Term & Final Term Exam will include objective and subjective question in 40% and 60 % ratio respectively.
CLASS TIMINGS: BS 5th Reg (Wednesday & Thursday: 11:00 - 12:30 PM)