- To review the knowledge and practice the skills acquired in diploma courses.
- To understand the concept and use of differential equations.
- To learn different methods to solve differential equations.
Real number and real line, Functions and their graphs, Rate of change and limits.
Differential Calculus: The derivative as a function, Differential rules, the derivative as a rate of change, Derivatives of algebraic functions, Derivatives of exponential functions, Derivatives of trigonometric functions, The chain rule and parametric equations, Implicit differentiation, Inverse functions and their derivatives, Derivatives of inverse trigonometric functions, Derivatives of hyperbolic functions, Findings of horizontal and normal tangents, Extreme values of functions, The mean value theorem.
Basic integration formulas, Integration by parts, Indefinite integrals and substitutions rules, Integration of rational functions by partial fractions, Improper integrals, The definite integrals, Substitutions and area between curves, Volume by slicing and rotation and rotation about the axis, Volume by cylindrical shells, Length of plane curves, Area of surface of revolution.
Complex numbers, addition, multiplication, subtraction and division of complex numbers and complex plane.
- Thomas G. B. and Finney R. L. ‘‘Calculus and Analytical Geometry ’’ (13th addition).
- Kreyszig E., ‘‘Advanced Engineering Mathematics’’, John Wiley and Sons, USA (10th addition) .
- Cohen H. L. ‘‘Mathematics for Scientists and engineers ’’. Prentice-Hall UK.
Sessional: 20 (Presentation / Assignment 10, Attendance 05, Quiz 05)
Mid-Term Exam: 30
Final-Term Exam: 50
Key Dates and Time of Class Meeting
Tuesday 08:00 am-11:00 am
Commencement of Classes October 26, 2020
Mid Term Examination December 28, 2020 to January 01, 2021
Final Term Examination March 01-05, 2021
Declaration of Result March 12, 2021