The aim of the course is to learn about number system. The course is design for use of mathematical concepts in practical life problems by converting them into simple mathematical equations. Sequence and series, binomial theorem and trigonometric are also a part of the contents. This course provided a foundation of important mathematical ideas for the future course work. This focuses in making connections among the various conceptual and numerical formations.
- Real and complex number systems.
- Introduction to sets, binary operations, functions and type of functions.
- Types of matrices, inverses, determinants, system of linear equation, Cramer’s rule.
- Quadratic equations, solutions and types, cube roots of unity relation between roots and coefficients of quadratic equations, solution of system of equations.
- Sequence and series, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic sequences and their means.
- Binomial theorem, introduction to mathematical induction.
- Fundamental of trigonometry and trigonometric identities.
- Algebra and Trigonometric; Functions and applications by Prentice Hall, 2005
- Contemporary College Algebra and Trigonometric: Graphing approach Thomas W. Hungerford W. B. Saunders, 2007.
1. Elementary Linear Algebra, Application version , Howard Anton, John Wiley and Sons, Incorporated , 2014.
Sessional: 20 (Presentation / Assignment 10, Attendance 05, Quiz 05)
Mid-Term Exam: 30
Final-Term Exam: 50
Key Dates and Time of Class Meeting
Monday 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Tuesday 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Monday 12:30 am - 01:30 pm
Wednesday 12:30 am - 01:30 pm
Thursday 12:30 am - 01:30 pm
Commencement of Classes October 26, 2020
Mid Term Examination December 28, 2020 to January 01, 2021
Final Term Examination March 01-05, 2021
Declaration of Result March 12, 2021