Course name: The Muslim World (I)
Course code: ISL -709
Credit hours: 03
This course is aimed at:
- To learn brief history and geography of Contemporary Muslim world.
- To know about their natural resources and potentials.
- To learn religious , political, economical and social issues facing by the Contemporary Muslim world.
- To know the need , importance and performance of different cooperative organizations existing in Muslim world.
- To know the problems of Muslims minorities existing Non-Muslims countries.
The Students will be able to :
- Understand brief history and geography of contemporary Muslim countries.
- Get knowledge about their natural resources and potentials.
- Understand religious, political, economical and social issues facing by the contemporary Muslin world.
- Analyze the need, importance and performance of different cooperative organizations existing in Muslim world.
- Discuss the problems of Muslim minorities existing in non-Muslim countries.
- Common wealth of Muslim states by Ch. Nazir Ahmed
- A Plea for Pan-Islamism by Ch. Nazir Ahmed
- Islam in Modern World by A.K Brohi
- The Arab states and the Arab League by M.Khalil
- Modern (Religious, Political, Economical) Trends in the Muslim World
- Muslim Minorities in Non Muslim countries
- Palestine’s Issue: Historical background and current situation.
- Kashmir Issue
- Afghanistan’s Issue
- Iraq’s Issue
- New World order and Muslim World
- Introduction of OIC
- Introduction of ECO
- Introduction of GCC
- Introduction of Arab League and Muslim Conference
- Introduction of MWL
- Muslim Organizations in Europe
- Muslim Organizations in America
- Mid Term 30 Marks
- Sessional 20 Marks
- Project 05 Marks
- Presentation 10 Marks
- Participation 05 Marks
- Final Exam 50 Marks
- BS 7 Regular Monday (8 am to 9am)
- Tuesday (8am to 9am)
- Friday (9 am to 10 am)
- BS 7 SS
- Wednesday (1:30 to 3:00)
- Thursday (1:30 to 3:00)