Intoduction to Course:
This course offers the student a comprehensive introduction of macroeconomics so as they develop the capacity to understand the issues and problems of the economy in a global scenario. In particular, they have to capture the nature and scope of various public policies. In addition to diagrammatic approach, the students are confronted to simple mathematical analysis.
Course pre requisites (if any):
Principles of Macroeconomics
On the successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Students will get the ability to utilize macroeconomic theory to analyze and evaluate macroeconomic policy.
2. Students will be able to identify the tools of fiscal policy and explain their likely impact on the economy.
3. Similarly, students will be able to identify the tools of monetary policy and explain their impact on the economy.
- Mankiw, Gregory N., Macroeconomics. (Worth Publishers, 2018)
- Blanchard, Oliver, Macroeconomics. (Prentice Hall International, 2017)
Description of system of Evaluation (Exam, assignments etc.):
Mid Term: 30 marks
Sessional: 20 marks
- Project: 40%
- Presentation: 30%
- Participation: 30%
Final Exam: 50 marks