A research paper is a common form of academic writting . Research papers require students and academics to locate information about a topic (that is, to conduct research), take a stand on that topic, and provide support (or evidence) for that position in an organized report. The term research paper may also refer to a scholarly article that contains the results of original research or an evaluation of research conducted by others. Most scholarly articles must undergo a process of peer review before they can be accepted for publication in an academic journal.
Students Learning Ourcomes
The following learning objectives have been prepared to assist you in your preparation in the area of research methods. A review of content related to these learning objectives should provide you with the foundation required for a successful mastery of the content.
1. Students should understand a general definition of research design.
2. Students should know why educational research is undertaken, and the audiences that profit from research studies.
3. Students should be able to identify the overall process of designing a research study from its inception to its report.
4. Students should be familiar with ethical issues in educational research, including those issues that arise in using quantitative and qualitative research.
5. Students should know the primary characteristics of quantitative research and qualitative research.
6. Students should be able to identify a research problem stated in a study.
7. Students should be familiar with how to write a good introduction to an educational research study and the components that comprise such an introduction.
Mid Term ( Submission of Lietrature Review and Model Building ) 30 Marks
Final Term (Submission of Report/paper) 50 Marks
Sessional 20 Marks