This course describe the general understanding of the principles and concepts governing the functions of operating systems. This course explain the layered approach that makes design, implementation and operation. It also helps in identifying aspect of complex operating system. This course contains all updated concepts related to the operating sytems, concepts like functions of operating system, process management, memory management, file management and OS security.
COURSE CODE: CMPC-204
CREDIT HOURS: 03
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of the course the students will be able to:
- Describe the general understanding of the principles and concepts governing the functions of operating systems.
- Explain the layered approach that makes design, implementation and operation.
- Identify aspect of complex operating system.
TEXT BOOK: Operating System Concepts, Tenth Edition by Abraham Silberschatz, Peter Baer Galvin & Greg Gagne.
- Operating-System Structures
- CPU Scheduling
- Process Synchronization
- Memory Management
- Virtual Memory
- File-System Implementation
- I/O Systems
- Case studies
- Final Term Exam: 50 Marks
- Mid Term Exam: 30 Marks
- Sessional: 20 Marks
- Quiz: 05 Marks
- Assignment: 05 Marks
- Project & Presentation: 10 Marks
CLASS TIMING: MScIT 4th Self (Tuesday: 12:30 - 02:00 PM) (Thursday: 12:30 - 02:00 PM)