The aim of the course is to arrange data in tabular forms. The course is designed for use of mathematical concepts in problem solving through matrices. This course is designed to learn special techniques of matrices. Analyze the structure of real world problems and to plan solution strategies for matrices determinants. This course will provide a foundation of important mathematical ideas in particular arrangments. This focuses in making connections among the various conceptual and numerical formation.
Pre requisites for linear algebra include courses typically called Elementary Algebra and intermediate algebra as well as introductory to trigonometry.
Students will able to solve the system of equations in the form of matrices, by various techniques and by column row operation of matrices.
- Matrices, algebra of matrices, inverses of matrices, elementary row operations in matrices, row operations in matrices, ranks and transformation in matrices.
- System of linear equations, Gaussian elimination method, Gauss Gorden method.
- Determinants of square matrices, determinant and transpose of matrices, algorithm to evalute determinants and inverses of matrices, net work flow problems and their solutions.
1. Elementary Linear Algebra, Applications Version Howard Anton, John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated, 2014.
2. Matrices and linear algebra, Hans Schneider, George Phillip Barker -2012.
1. Introduction to applied linear algebra, vector matrices and least square. Stephen Boyd, Lieven Vanden Berghe, Cambridge university press, 2018.
2. Elementary Linear Algebra, a matrix approach, Lawrence E. Spence, Arnold J. Insel, Stephen H. Friedberg, PrenticeHall. 2008.
Sessional: 20 (Presentation / Assignment 10, Attendance 05, Quiz 05)
Mid-Term Exam: 30
Final-Term Exam: 50
Key Dates and Time of Class Meeting
Every Tuesday 04:00 pm - 05:00 pm
Every Thrusday 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Every Friday 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Commencement of Classes February 22, 2021
Mid Term Examination December 19-23, 2021
Final Term Examination June 21-25, 2021
Declaration of Result July 02, 2021