Course Tittle: INTEGRAL EQUATIONS
Course Code: MATH-404
Credit Hours: 03
DESCRIPTION & OBJECTIVES
Many physical problems that are usually solved by differential equation methods can be solved more effectively by integral equation methods. This course will help students gain insight into the application of advanced mathematics and guide them through derivation of appropriate integral equations governing the behavior of several standard physical problems.
- Jerri A. J. Introduction to Integral Equations with Applications second edition. Sampling Publishing, 2007.
- Lovitt W. V. Linear Integral Equations, Dover Publications, 2005.
- Baker C. T. H., Integral Equations, Clarendon Press, 1977.
- Smithies F. Integral Equations, Cambridge University Press, 1989.
- Wazwaz A. M. A first Course in Integral Equations, World Scientific Pub., 1989.
Linear integral equations of the first kind, Linear integral equations of the second kind. Relationship between differential equation and Volterra Integral Equation. Neumann Series.Fredholm Integral equation of the second kind with separable Kernels. Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors. Iterated functions. Quadrature methods. Least square methods. Homogeneous Integral equations of the second kind. Fredholm integral equations of the first kind. Fredholm Integral equations of the second kind. Abel’s Integral equations. Hilbert Schmidt theory of integral equations with symmetric Kernels. Regularization and filtering techniques.
Mid exam: 30
Final exam: 50
RULES AND REGULATIONS
75% attendance is compulsory to appear in Final Term exam.