A Computing graduate as professional has some responsibilities with respect to the society. This course develops student understanding about historical, social, economic, ethical, and professional issues related to the discipline of Computing. It identifies key sources for information and opinion about professionalism and ethics. Students analyze, evaluate, and assess ethical and professional computing case studies.
COURSE CODE: SS-4910
CREDIT HOURS: 03
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Upon successful completion of this course, the students will be aware of their professional responsibilities when they will work in computing sector.
- It will provide students an understanding about the historical, social, ethical, economical and professional issues related to computing profession.
- Students will acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that computing professionals must possess to practice in a professional, responsible, and ethical manner.
TEXT BOOK: Professional Issues in Software Engineering, Third Edition by Frank Bott, Allison Coleman, Jack Eaton and Diane Rowland.
- The Computing Profession
- The Structure of Organizations
- Finance and Accounting
- Anatomy of a Software House
- Managing people in organizational environment
- Computer Contracts
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Cyber Ethics
- Resume, Resignation letter and Cover letter
- The Framework of Employee Relations Law and Changing Management Practices
- Human Resource Management and Software Engineering
- Health and Safety at Work
- Software Liability: Liability and Practice
- Computer Misuse and the Criminal Law
- Regulation and Control of Personal Information: Data Protection, Defamation and Related Issues
- The British Computer Society Code of Conduct
- ACM Code of Ethics
- Final Term Exam: 50 Marks
- Mid Term Exam: 30 Marks
- Sessional: 20 Marks
- Quiz: 10 Marks
- Assignment: 05 Marks
- Project & Presentation: 5 Marks
PPP BSCS 8th B (Thursday: 11:00 - 12:30 PM) (Friday: 10:40 - 12:00 PM)
PPP BSCS 8th C (Thursday: 12:30 - 2:00 PM) (Friday: 12:00 - 1:20 PM)