This course inculcates among the students a better understanding of Pakistan and its influence on the evolution and progress of the society, so that they may acquire proper perspective of thoughts and actions taken in the past. This aims to introduce students to the history of the region comprising Pakistan, providing an overview of contending perspectives on the origins of the Country, religion and examine its politics, society and culture. This approach will furnish the upcoming generation with knowledge and skill to promote a sense of patriotism, awareness of the State, culture, society and to develop universal human values in the society and about the world. The course, furthermore, looks at some contemporary developmental issues facing the Country.
"We are not makers of history. We are made by history"
Credit Hours: 02
Prerequisites: As per HEC Policies and University's criteria.
Course Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this Course, students will be able to:
- synthesize information from a variety of sources to describe the political situation of Pakistan.
- investigate and lead a discussion on a key contemporary issue.
- describe and analyse the current situation of Pakistan.
- debate future plans for development in Pakistan.
- Motivation and enhancement of sense of patriotism is integral part of the course. Leadership qualities would be imparted in the personalities of the students.
- Introduction to the Course
- Nationalism in South Asia and Two Natios Theory
- Ideology of Pakistan
- Freedom Movement and Pakistan Movement
- Political awakening of Muslims in the subcontinent
- Geography of Pakistan
- Initial Problems of Pakistan
- Political and Constitutional Developments in Pakistan
- Economy of Pakistan
- Society and Culture
- Foreign Policy of Pakistan and Diplomatic Relations
- Current and Contemporary Issues of Pakistan
- Human Rights: Issues of Human Rights in Pakistan
Mid Term Exams: 30 Marks
Final Term Exams: 50 Marks
Sessional: 20 Marks