- This course tells about types, availability pattern and characteristics of feed resources of Pakistan.
- It also critically studies nutrient composition, utilization and significance of different feed stuffs used locally for feed manufacturing of livestock commercial poultry.
- It also gives an idea about effects of different feedstuffs on animal performance as well as use of non-conventional feed resources in animals.
- Students will be able to know that what to feed to animals and what feeding strategies should be adopted to economically fulfill the nutrient requirements of animals in commercial and semi-intensive system of livestock production.
- The students will be trained in chemical analysis of feed ingredients.
- Introduction to different components of feed mills is also included in the course.
- Training in conservation of forage by silage or hay making.