The objectives of this course is to make students have ability to understand Softwar Quality Engineering concepts and practices. .
COURSE CODE: SE-3341
CREDIT HOURS: 03
PREREQUISITES: Software Engineering (CMP-3310)
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
After reading this course you should be able to:
- Understansing of Quality Management system, quality goals and its objectives.
- Understand the importance of Ethical and Legal compliance..
- Understanding of quality various standards and models i.e.ISO 9000, IEEE software engineering standards, CMMI.
- Role and importance of organizational Leadership and its associated skills i.e. Facilitation and Communication skills.
- Importance of working in teams and use of various tools for team management.
- Understanding of various Quality methodologies i.e. Process improvement models, defect prevention, cost of quality.
- Importance of Project tracking and control methods, audit process, software verification and validation methods.
- Analyzing various test strategies, plans, test tools and techniques.
- Understannd the importance of Reviews, inspection, test case documentation, problem reports, results data and metrics.
- Importance of .Installation testing and configuration control.
- The certified quality engineer , by Linda Westfall
- A Quality Principles, Benefits of Quality, Organization and Process Benchmarking.
- Ethical and Legal Compliance: ASQ Code of Ethics, Legal and Regularity.
- Standards and Models: ISO 9000 Standards, IEEE Software Engineering Standards, SEI Compatibility Maturity Model Integration (CMMI).
- Leadership Skills: Organizational Leadership, Facilitation Skills, Communication Skills.
- Team Skills, Team Management, Team Tools.
- Quality Management System: Quality Goals and Objectives, Customers and Other Stakeholders, Planning, Outsourcing.
- Methodologies for Quality Management: Cost of Quality, Process Improvement Models, Corrective Action Procedures, Defect Prevention.
- Audit Types, Audit Roles and Responsibilities, Audit Process.
- Project Tracking and Control, Tracking Methods, Project Reviews and Program Reviews.
- Software Verification and Validation Method, Software Product Evaluation.
- Testing Planning and Design: Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Design, Test Coverage Specifications, Code Coverage Techniques, Test Environments, Test Tools.
- Reviews and Inspection: Peer Reviews, Formal Versus Informal Reviews, Types of Peer Reviews, Walk-Throughs, Inspections, Technical Reviews.
- Test Execution Documentation: Test Execution, Test Case, Test Procedure, Test Log, Problem Report, Test Result Data and Metrics, Test Report.
- Customer Deliverables: Peer Reviews, Development Testing, Development Audits, Pilots, Installation Testing, Customer/User Testing.
- Configuration Control and Status Accounting: Item, Baseline, Version Control, CCB, Concurrent Development, and Status Accounting, Configuration Audit.
- Final Term Exams: 50 Marks
- Mid Term Exams: 30 Marks
- Sessional: 20 Marks:
- Quiz: 8 Marks
- Presentations: 7 Marks
- Assignment & Attendance: 10 Marks
- BSSE 5th Regular (Monday: 08:00 - 09:30 AM) (Tuesday: 08:00 - 09:30 AM)
- BSSE 5th Self (Wednesday: 02:00 - 03:30 PM) (Thursday: 11:00 - 12:30 PM)