The objective of this subject is to well verse students with the basic theories and principles of administration for effective management of public, academic, and special libraries and information centers with emphasis on planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling.
- Library management (2014) Rai technology university: engineering minds. (adopted as textbook)
- Evans,G.E., Alire.A. C. , (2013). Management techniques for librarians. London: Facet publishing.
- Massis, B.E. (2003).The practical Library manager. New York:Haworth Press.
- Mittal (RL): Library Administration : Theory and practice. Latest ed
- Stueart, Robert D. and Moran, Barbara B. (2007). Library and information center management. (7th ed.). Westport, Conn.: Libraries Unlimited.
- Thelen, Laurie Noble (2003). Essentials of elementary library management. Worthington, Ohio: Linworth Pub
- Subject introduction
- Management: meaning and scope
- Definitions of management
Theories of management
- Classical management theory
- Neoclassical management theory
- Contemporary management theory
- Characteristics of modern management
Levels of management and managerial skills
- Supervisory management
- Transitional management
- Top management
Other managerial functions
Common principles of management
- Taylor’s principles
- Fayol’s principles
- Barnard’s principles
Library organizational structure
Management information system
Physical planning of library
Library finance and budget